Can I have physiotherapy treatments without a doctor referral?
- Yes, for ACC and private assessments and treatments
Why should I choose Avonhead Physiotherapy & Pilates?
- We offer a wide range of physio services from thorough assessment to treatments and rehabilitation. Go to our services page.
Can I bring a friend or family member to support me or translate for me?
- Yes, one support person would be preferable, who understands and respects your privacy and the role of the physiotherapist
Can I reschedule my appointment?
- Yes, just contact us at [email protected] or phone 03 358 8889. The answer phone may be on if we are busy or away for the weekend. We will contact you as soon as possible
Can I park my car off Withells Rd?
- Yes, off street parking is available with turn space to ensure that you do not reverse out onto Withells Rd.
Should I let my physiotherapist know that I have improved and do not require more treatment?
- Yes, we like to hear from you, in fact we are continually analysing our treatment outcomes to assess our strengths and weaknesses so we can improve our service. On the other hand please let us know if you are unhappy about your treatment or management. We need to know this as well so we can remedy the problem
Can I request a second opinion?
- Yes, it is our policy at Avonhead Physiotherapy & Pilates that if you are not improving as expected after six treatments we will mutually arrange a second opinion. This could be ‘in house”, or with another physiotherapist, another treatment provider, return to your GP, or advise a specialist consultation
Do you have wheelchair access?
- Yes, we have recently replaced a small step at the entrance with a ramp, but the bathroom does not have wheelchair turn space
What is acupuncture?
- Small sterile needles are inserted into any part of the body for pain relief, healing and general well being. Read more on acupuncture